Intercessors For Israel
Friday Prayer Points
April 19th, 2019
- Praise: Tonight at sundown Jews will celebrate Passover with the traditional Seder meal. Part of the meal is a retelling of the story of the exodus from Egypt, and the great things God did in bringing out His people from under Pharaoh's heavy yoke, to eventually make them His nation at Mount Sinai through the Mosaic covenant. While people see Israelis as mostly secular, yet around 90% will be celebrating, in one form or another, the Seder. And that is something for which we praise God. This weekend is also when believers recall the crucifixion of our Lord Yeshua and celebrate the reality of His resurrection.It is a night to be much observed unto the YHWH for bringing them out from the land of Egypt: this is that night of the YHWH to be observed of all the children of Israel in their generations.Ex. 12:42
- Abba, we bless You for the long collective memory of Your people in observing this Passover night for more than 3,500 years.
- We thank You for being the same God now as You were then – a miracle working God (Mal. 3:6).
- The very fact that Israel is still a nation is proof that Your Word is true (Jer. 31:35-37).
- We serve a Risen Savior who is in the world today (Matt. 28:6)! What an awe-inspiring thought!
- For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For this Messiah both died, and rose, and revived, that He might be Lord both of the dead and living.Rom. 14:8-9
- Lord Yeshua, we thank You for being with us and with all who call on Your name (Psa. 50:15).
- Thank You that through Your resurrection we have a living hope of an eternal inheritance (1 Pet. 1:3-4).
- In this way shall you eat [the lamb]; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; eat it in haste, for it is the YHWH's passover.Ex. 12:11; cp. v. 21
- The blood shall be for you a token on your houses, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.Ex. 12:13
- We bless You that there are more Jews who are worshipping the true Lamb of God tonight than there were last year at this time. We ask for an exponential increase during this season (Rom. 10:1).
- May Your presence, Lord Yeshua, by Your Spirit, permeate the Seder (Luke 24:36).
- Let the children, to whom much of the Seder is directed, ask some very deep questions (Luke 18:16).
- Reveal Yourself to Your people now – especially those for whom this will be their last Passover.
- O YHWH, save Your people, the remnant of Israel.Jer. 31:7
- [Let's pray for specific groups of Jews for salvation – both in Israel and in exile, for example: Holocaust survivors; IDF soldiers who will be guarding and not at home with their families; the gay community; Israelis living in exile; survivors of terror attacks; those who have lost loved ones since the last Seder; government officials; the very poor and the very rich; unsaved loved ones of Messianic Jews; etc.]
- For Your glory, we ask that Your people would be drawn home from all over the globe (Isa. 43:5-7).
- You said You would do this for Your holy name's sake (Ezek. 36:24). Amen! Please do it now!
- May "Next year in Jerusalem," become a reality to the man who says it (Psa. 147:2).
- Lord, we see the hunters released (Jer. 16:16). Open the eyes of Your people who are "comfortable" in exile to see them and to have the courage to flee (Jer. 51:6).
- Abba, set up the next government so that the aliyah and absorption of Your people are a high priority.
- Remove from the interior ministry all stones of stumbling from the path of Your people (Isa. 62:10).
- Open the way for those wanting to return and are hindered; remove the hindrance (1 Kin. 8:47-53).
- If Messianic Jews do not really mean "Next year in Jerusalem," let them not say it because Yeshua said that this would be sin (Matt. 5:37).
- Thank You that You who are the Guardian of Israel are never caught unawares (Psa. 121:4).
- Impart alertness and sharpness to all of today's physical guardians of Israel (Psa. 144:1).
- Send extra angels to fill in all places where there is a lack of physical manpower (2 Kin. 6:16-17).
- Remove all distraction from Israeli security forces – smartphones, the opposite sex, the weather, etc.
- Guard over all the checkpoints and all public and private transportation (Isa. 52:7).
- Lord, Jerusalem will be packed today as it is Passover, Good Friday, and the regular Muslim prayer day. Assign all the physical and spiritual guards needed to protect the innocent worshippers. I, Myself, will be an encircling rampart of fire, declares YHWH, and I will be the glory in her midst. (Zech. 2:5 ISV)
- Encourage those on duty and not at home during this time that they are doing a holy work in protecting Your nation (Deut. 31:6).
- Comfort Israelis who live in that area, who deal with rockets and incendiary devices weekly (Psa. 23:4).
- Give them surprisingly quiet and peaceful Seders this evening (Ex. 8:22; 9:26).
- Send waves of weariness and discouragement to all Gazans who are demonstrating as they see the area on Israel's side of the fence prospering economically as well as increasing in population (Ex. 1:12).
- Again we ask for the IDF forces guarding there to have much help from on high (Josh. 10:11).
- Please, Lord, reveal to us Your desired plan for Gaza (Amos 3:7), and then lead us in prayer to co-labour with You to see Your will be done in that very difficult and confusing situation (2 Chr. 20:6-12).
- 5. Security: There have still been demonic demonstrations along the Gaza security fence.
- Anoint Aviv Kochavi, the IDF's Chief of Staff, who is developing a master plan [Readiness and Change] to improve the IDF's capacity to defend this nation both now and in the near future (Prov. 20:18; 24:6).
- We ask You to do whatever is needed to modify or change this plan so that it is 100% in line with Your will and purposes (Prov. 21:1, 31).
- Forbid that the IDF trusts in its chariots and horses and forget about You (Psa. 20:7-9).
- Yet we thank You for all the chariots and horses that You have provided for the IDF (Mic. 4:11-13).
- While it is trying to become even more technologically advanced, do not let the IDF forget how to fight in hand-to-hand combat (1 Sam. 17:39-40).
- May all Israeli intelligent sources be absolutely accurate.
- Give Israel eyes and ears to see and hear what is being planned in the Ayatollah's council (Psa. 139:12).
- Let Israel know if it needs to pre-empt against any major threats (Isa. 41:10-16).
- Use Iran's increasingly harsh economic conditions to choke that wicked regime (Jer. 49:38b).
- May the true Church in Iran, Syria, Iraq and Lebanon be blessed by blessing Israel (Num. 24:9b).
- Impart to them the kind of prayers that would release Your revelation on their neighbours (Psa. 119:18).
- Thank You for the close military relationship that the IDF has with the American army.
- Yet we look to You to defend us and not to Donald Trump or America (Psa. 118:8-9).
- Where O Lord, are the shepherds after Your heart that You promised to raise up for Israel when it returns from exile (Jer. 3:15; 23:3-4)?
- We bless You for answering our prayers for the election and we trust You to answer our prayers through these negotiations – as we desire for Your will to be accomplished in them (1 John 5:14-15).
- Reveal Your Son, his Messiah, to Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu over this weekend (John 1:29).
- Confront all wicked shepherds who are negotiating to be part of this government – solely for their own sakes and not for what is best for the nation (Ezek. 34:2).
- Humble the ultra-Orthodox and Avigdor Liberman to see how their You view their pride: The fear of YHWH is to hate evil: pride, arrogance, the evil way, and a perverse mouth, do I hate. (Prov. 8:13)
- Give Bibi the anointing of King Solomon to see how to divide the ministries available (1 Kin. 3:25-26).
- Protect him and his advisors from all manipulation and extortion in these negotiations (Num. 23:23).
- Lord, as the government is on Your shoulders (Isa. 9:6), we ask You to direct every assignment so that Your choice for each specific ministry is ultimately what happens (Prov. 21:1).
8. The Trump "Deal of the Century" peace plan has been announced to be released after Ramadan, which will be around the middle of June. While there have been various rumours about what it contains, no one really knows except those few people who are working on it.
- Lord, put in place an Israeli government that will know how to respond to this deal with lots of grace but will not compromise on what is Your clearly delineated will against dividing this land (Lev. 25:23).
- Do not allow Netanyahu's excellent relationship with Trump box him in (Deut. 13:6; Prov. 19:6).
- Blessed be YHWH…Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of YHWH, who made heaven and earth.Psa. 124:6-8
- We do thank You for the increased hardening of the hearts of most Palestinian leaders – but we do not depend on that. We look to You (Jer. 17:5-8).
- Enable the government to have plans that do not depend on Palestinian intransigence, but line up with Your will and counsel (Psa. 33:10-11).
9. Water: The Lord is answering our prayers for an outpouring of water this season. While the Sea of Galilee is still a bit more than 2.5 meters (7.5 feet) below the full line, there is a forecast of a surprise winter storm bringing rain and even snow to Mount Hermon over the next several days.
- Thank You, Lord, for all the water Israel has received so far – shocking all the forecasters (Deut. 28:12).
- We are still asking for the Sea of Galilee to be maxed out by the time the summer season starts.
- He causes vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightning for the rain;Psa. 135:7a
- Make this land like the Garden of Eden – for Your holy name's sake (Ezek. 36:32-36).
- Thank you for pouring out Your rain on the just and the unjust (Matt. 5:45b).
10.Whether you are celebrating the Passover Feast or Yeshua's resurrection – or like many of us, both – may the Lord bless you abundantly out of Zion at this season (Psa. 134:3)
The IFI team